Welcome to the May Arts and Helmar Blog Hop! I hope you have enjoyed hopping along and seeing all the neat ideas and projects everyone has been showing. Aren't they great! If you are participating in the Blog Hop, you should be arriving here from The Mermaid's Closet with Martha Richardson. If you are just joining us here is a complete list of the blogs to hop...
Day 1 – November 19th
- Charlene Driggs: http://www.paperandinkplayground.com/
- Letitia Grace Lauer : http://www.gracesscrapattic.blogspot.com
- Alexcia Patterson-Schroll: http://makeandmingle.wordpress.com/
- Kate Vickers: http://www.scrapsation.com
- Christina Colón: http://www.thetwistedmuse.com/
- Jen Matott: http://arttalk-sigmagirl.blogspot.com/
- Gini Williams Cagle: http://www.ginicagle.blogspot.com/
- Carisa Zgloblicki: http://ladyguineveresinkyfaeries.blogspot.ca/
- Emily Lanham: http://createserendipity.blogspot.com/
- Jen Shears: http://jenshearsdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Jingle: http://www.justjingle.blogspot.com/
Day 2 – November 20th
- Karen Baker: http://thebalddragonfly.blogspot.com/
- Martha Richardson http://themermaidscloset.blogspot.com/
- Kendra Wiggins: http://scrappincricut.org/
- Lisa Wilkinson: http://www.createfor7.blogspot.com
- Leah Farrar-White: http://1alabasterowl.blogspot.com/
- Sally Lynn MacDonald: http://www.sallylynnmacdonald.com/
- Monica Edwards: http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
- Amy Lassiter: http://sparklinggnome.wordpress.com
- Nicole Martel: http://www.nicolemartel.blogspot.com/
- Virginia Fynes: http://www.fynesdesigns.com/
It is almost that time of year again and I have brought you a fun and festive Christmas Layout...Dear Santa
Dear Santa was created using the 1.25" Silk May Arts Ribbon, Helmar Quickdry Adhesive, The Cricut Expression, The Cricut Design Studio, Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge, All Mixed Up Cricut Cartridge and Christmas Cricut Cartridge. I also used Green, Red, Gold, Shiny Gold, White and Peach Cardstocks as well as a Black and a White Signo Gel Pen and a Westcott Knife.
Santa's cheeks were airbrushed on using the Copic Airbrush System and a pink marker. I will warn you, this takes some practice so be sure to start of scrap paper or use chalk to achieve rosy cheeks.
As a special gift to everyone, I am attaching the DearSanta.cut file for your cutting enjoyment! You will create the layout according to my .cut file in the Cricut Design Studio.
This file can also be transferred into your Cricut Gypsy.
Once your layout is completely assembled, use your craft knife to cut 2 small slits on either side of the letter t in Santa and run the 1.25" White Silk Ribbon through it and tie into a beautiful bow. Trim the ends of the bow and viola...You have an adorable Dear Santa layout just waiting for your little one's photo.
It would be so cute with a picture of your little one holding up there letter to Santa.
Thanks for hopping by...I would love to know that you were here. Please leave me a comment so you are elegible to win one of the great prizes listed below and then be sure to head on over to
Where Chaos Meets Creativity and see what Lisa Wilkinson has in store for you. :-)
Helmar will be offering two Arts & Crafts Starter packs!
***Please note that picture above is a graphically representation. Actual products provided are listed on Helmar’s store websites***
May Arts will be offering two prize packages of winner’s choice of 2 spools of ribbon!
So, how do you enter to win a chance at one of these grand prizes? Hop through with us and visit each designer’s blog and leave a comment on their Helmar and May Arts Blog Hop post. The first winners will be chosen on the 21st and the second winners will be chosen after the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend!