Live Video

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grandparent Memories - Yudu Paint Smock

Some of my fondest memories as a child was going to Indiana to visit my Grandma and Grandpa McCormick.  Gowing up, my Grandma always had us painting and creating all summer long.  I used to beg my Mom and Dad to let me go visit year after year. 
With this and Back To School in mind, I created this Paint Smock using a Men's Oxford Button Down  Dress Shirt that I purchased at Goodwill for only $3.50!  I used to make these for my students when I taught preschool many years ago; it was a great way to let the kiddos get messy painting and protect their school clothes at the same time.  With a small amount of time invested you can create a one of a kind Paint Smock for your child too!

This particular Paint Smock fits a large age range of children.

From my 17 year old Abigail

Here is a close up of the artwork

A little more detail closer up

 ScrappinCricut's Yudu Paint Smock Part 1


ScrappinCricut's Yudu Paint Smock Part 2


Don't Forget to Join
The Designers Grafts Blog Connection Blog Hop!
You could win a Birthday Bash Cricut Cartridge!
Head on over to Mixology Crafts for tons of more projects!

Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. Great project! I remember when we used to use worn out men's shirts in art class in school, your shirt is so much fun, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, that is just toooo stinkin' cute! TFS!

    p.s. I have a Blog Award waiting for you, on my blog. :-)

    Linda
    http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete