Live Video

Friday, August 7, 2009

Great way to orgainze your scrap paper!


Kendra's Scrapbooking Scrap Bucket Papersaver Solution!

Ok, so I am really bad about not using my scraps up!

Yes, I am a Scrapbooker that up until recently did not Scrap with scraps!

I always preferred to use whole sheets of paper and never thought any thing of it!

As I was cleaning my room up though, I found stacks and stacks and stacks of paper that I had cut things out of and just left in piles. Now normally, my children benefit from my unthriftyness but this was my super duper most favorite paper every! (Prism, Bazzill, America Craft and Core'dinations Cardstocks) and I could not bring myself to just get rid of it! Let's face it, Paper is expensive and everyone could save a little right now!

Now, in using the Cricut Design Studio all the time and creating .cut files that use small pieces of paper that make the whole mat looks like a quilt, I thought, Hey! I could use this paper if I could just figure out how to store it so it did not drive me nuts in trying to find the right color! Yes, I have to admit, I just hate those files with the clear files to sort the paper. I also don't like the accordion files with the elastic that holds them shut! (I have a life threating Latex allergy and guess what the elastic is made of!) So I had to come up with a solution that would work for me! In shopping at Office Max, I found a tax file box and Legal sized Expanding File folders and just knew that I had hit the jackpot! I purchased several packs of the File folders, enough that I could have Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black and White Sections. Now before I even choose paper to start a project, I go to my scrap bucket first to see if I can find the color I am looking for and if the cardstock is the correct size. I have made tons of layouts using only the Shadow papers that I use to cut the background out with. Everything else is paper from my Scrap bucket!

I hope that this inspires you so use up your scraps and make better use of your paper like it did me! It is amazing how much money that I have saved just by using my scraps!

11 comments:

  1. DUH! LOL I bought 2 of those portable filing systems for $1 and they are just sitting here. LOVE it! That looks like the perfect solution for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea.
    I might need to try this bcause all mine are laying in a flat box that is over flowing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to be orgainzed???
    Like your ideal.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you got your picture taken with the Cricut! Aren't all those colorful scraps so pretty??? Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. and thanks for the coupons that you post every week. We really do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for prompting me to organize
    i too have a pile (well, really many piles) of scraps. scraps just appear so quickly around here!
    Sounds like you had fun at CHA and the cute green guy!
    yes, and thanks for the coupons. its great to see whats available each week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent idea! I have a growing supply of scraps but my current storage is difficult to sort through. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea I will have to give this a try. My way is not as organized

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the hint. I too have empty filing boxes and there sits my paper scraps in a box. What a knob!!! LOL. So thank you again, for something so simply, but so effective. shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great suggestion. I guess that's what I need to do although I may need about 10 of these as my scraps have gotten out of hand...*sigh*

    Thanks also for the coupons. I try to post a THANK YOU as often as I can :)

    KarenT (CMB)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is how I store my scrap printed paper! My solid I keep in those plastic file folder things that I got at Big Lots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is how I store my scrap printed paper! My solid I keep in those plastic file folder things that I got at Big Lots.

    ReplyDelete