Live Video

Friday, June 12, 2009

Design Studio now has New Cartridges Added ;~)





    Hey everyone! This is the day we have all been waiting for! Cricut has released the newest Cartridges for the Design Studio!! I can't wait to see everyones projects!

    The Cartridge Update includes:
    Life is a Beach
    Lyrical Letters
    Hannah Montana
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    Stand and Salute
    Simply Sweet Jubilee
    Stamping (Solution cartridge)


    *Please be advised that the Hannah Montana cartridge has SPECIAL instructions (See the end of the post for those instructions!*


    Here are the directions:
    Make sure you have the most current version of Design Studio downloaded. The Version that you need is:
    Cricut Design Studio Version 1.0.21104.0


    (To find out if this is the version you have, in Design Studio, Click on HELP and then Click on About. This will bring up a green box that will tell you the version you are running.)

    If you do not have this version you will need to uninstall your Cricut Design Studio from your computer.

    This is the link you will use to download the newest version of Cricut Design Studio.

    http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx)

    The image below shows which download button to click.


    If you do not have the correct version of Design Studio you will need to install the correct version for it to work properly.

    To Uninstall Cricut Design Studio, You need to go to the Start button, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, once your list populates you will select Cricut Design Studio and follow the prompts to uninstall it.

    If you already have this version, you need to close out of Cricut Design Studio as you are ready for the next step.

    Before you run the Font installer, you need to rename your old Cricut File.

    My suggestion would be Kendra’s Cricut Files just as an example. Your would be “YourName Cricut Files”

    You will find this file under Start Menu, Documents, Cricut.

    If you do not rename this file your Cartridges will not install in the correct place in your Design Studio. They will all install in your Fonts file instead of Font and Images files.


    Once this has been renamed you can now go online to http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx


    To install the Newest Design Studio Cartridges into your Cricut Design Studio make sure your Design Studio is CLOSED and click on the icon below the Design Studio Font Packs. Once it has been clicked you need to click Save. Once your file has downloaded, open the file and run the program following the promts.

    This will only take about a minute or so.

    Once it has finished open your Cricut Design Studio and you are ready to go!

    In regard to Design Studio! It is very important to pay attention to the following warning! Your files will corrupt if you do not!


    WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING! WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING!

    The Hannah Montana Music Feature and the End Caps features in Plantin Schoolbook and Mickey Font can be used in Design Studio but in order to use them you will need to nudge them together if you want them to cut as a unit.If you try to change the Kerning or use Welding with them and click apply your file will corrupt.

    WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING! WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING! PLEASE READ! WARNING!

20 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for good news. I looked up on the website http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx
    I could not find the newest update. The last one they had was back on Dec 2008. Where can I download the newest update. Thanks again for your posting it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This version is a font installer. It is not like we used to have to do. If you follow my instructions it should work for you. I have included pictures of which download button to click depending if you have the latest version of DS or not. If you have any specific questions please post them here or email me at ScrappinCricut@aol.com
    I will try to post all the answers to questions here on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I followed your directions and it worked like a charm. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Thank you, I could not get the fonts to load and then I found this post and followed your excellent directions. Don't understand why Provo craft didn't explain this. Thank you so much for helping me.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent part of the afternoon trouble shooting the direction with Cricut. We just figured it out all of the steps required right before the company picnic. I told them that I would post correct directions on my blog. I have tried to put it in several places on the message board linking people to my blog. Hopefully everyone will be able to get the new cartridges working for them. They key to it though, is renaming the Cricut file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so awesome!! I updated my post about the DS update to include a link to this post on your blog. Thank you again for spending time researching something so that we don't have to.

    Gracie from Imagine That, formerly Everything Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for posting how to update. I followed your directions and did not have any glitches!! And thanks for the tip on the end caps.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. I would have pulled all of my hair out trying to figure out how to update my DS. I have only had it about a month and LOVE it. I can now go to town with it and Life's a Beach. Happy Scrappin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much. Your directions were easy and helpful. Thank you for offering to help me over the phone. You are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm confused, what do you mean when you say "Rename your old Cricut file"? Do I go to the Explore, and look for the folder called Cricut to rename? and then run the Font install? I tried to run it last night and can't see Hanaha Montana. Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for these instructions! I avoided all the problems, and it was the first time I've updated DS without having Celtic Woman on the telephone, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, your directions are super easy to follow! I did everything the way you said and even renamed the cricut file. But when I try to run the program it just says error and wants me to send in an error report. I have no idea what I did wrong. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to save the file to your desktop. Once you have saved it hit close and then go to your desktop and open the file from there. It should run that way. It may also be an issue with which version of windows you are using. Email me at ScrappinCricut@aol.com if you need more help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much.. i couldn't have done it without your directions..
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for these instructions, I have downloaded them and had no trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for all your directions. I was really frustrated and emailed Provo but know that the response time is terrible. The font just wouldn't download with the Cricut directions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't thank you enough for your help tonight! DS now works like a charm! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help someone you don't even know!! Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was so easy to do with your help.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for your willingness to help me download DS. How fortunate we are to have your expertise. Hopefully their future updates will be consumer ready! Again, thank you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for your directions and pictures. To clarify, is the file we're to rename the one in My Documents called Cricut? Is that the one we rename to MyName Cricut Files (or whatever we choose)? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete