Live Video

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How I keep my files from Corrupting in Design Studio!

Kendra's Tips and Tricks #1
I have heard it over and over and over again. Are my files recoverable if they corrupt in Design Studio? The unfortunate answer is NO! I am going to share with you a few things that I do to prevent my files from corrupting or prevent the heartache if they do.

  • I ususally cut my file before saving if it is important to me, that way if my file corrupts it is not the end of the world. I already have my project completed!
  • Once my file is saved, I email it to myself and just don't open it. That way, if I happen to alter the file later and it corrupts, I can go back and pull the original one from my email.
  • Save you files in another folder besides the Project folder. (I have a file named Cricut on my desktop that I use to save them in.) I have found that when you get too many files in your Project folder sometimes your DS starts throwing Unhandled Exceptions more often.
  • Save your files on an external hard drive or thumb drive. This too will free up thinking space on your computer and help.
  • Remember not to put too much in your Design Studio file. Limit it to 5 or 6 pages. Make sure you don't put too many items on a page. You can always make a couple of smaller files if you need to.
  • Another tip was just given to me by whaddacutup from the Cricut Message Board. He said that you should never save your file in the 200% view. He has had a 100% success rate since he has been doing this! Thanks so much whaddacutup for sharing this wonderful tip with us!

Just rememeber

Design Studio is a very basic program that still has a way to go.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... what I didn't know ab... Thank You Kendra for sharing this info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this info, now to just learn to use DS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slowing talking myself into buying a cricuit! Thanks for the tips and the coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only problem with cutting before saving is it can lock up when cutting. My daughter worked for an hour on a project, cut without saving, and it locked up. No saved file to go back to.

    ReplyDelete